Required Disclosure Statements
- Privacy and Security
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE. All users of this site agree that access to and use of this site are subject to the following terms and conditions and other applicable law. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please do not use this site.
THIS SITE AND ALL MATERIALS CONTAINED ON IT ARE DISTRIBUTED AND TRANSMITTED ON AN ‘AS IS’ AND ‘AS AVAILABLE’ BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Generation TX San Antonio is not responsible or liable for any infections or contamination of your system, or delays, inaccuracies, errors, or omissions arising out of your use of this site or with respect to the information and material contained on this site. The entire risk as to the quality, accuracy, adequacy, completeness, correctness and validity of any material rests with you.
All site content, including but not limited to text, graphics or code is copyrighted as a collective work under the United States and other copyright laws, and is the property of Generation TX San Antonio. Any use, including but not limited to the reproduction, distribution, display or transmission of the content of this site is strictly prohibited, unless authorized by Generation TX San Antonio.
Please be advised that site user-generated content does not necessarily reflect the views of Generation TX San Antonio. In no event shall Generation TX San Antonio assume or have any responsibility or liability for any user-generated content or for any claims, damages or losses resulting from their use and/or appearance on this site. You hereby represent and warrant that you have all necessary rights in and to all user-generated content you provide and all information they contain and that such user-generated content shall not infringe any proprietary or other rights of third parties or contain any libelous, tortious, or otherwise unlawful information.
By submitting user-generated content, you hereby authorize Generation TX San Antonio to use, and authorize others to use, your user-generated content in whole or in part, on a royalty-free basis in perpetuity in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, alone, or together or as part of other material of any kind or nature, including without limitation commercial use on and advertising and promotion of the site.
GenTXSA.org strives to create a welcoming environment for all. In the case that inappropriate or inaccurate content is submitted, we will remove the offending content. If you believe someone is violating the community guidelines, please let us know by sending an email to: email@example.com. We will review and take action if necessary.
User generated content must follow these community guidelines.
- Cultural Sensitivity – words and images that might be considered offensive, profane, or obscene by our community will not be allowed. In addition, offensive slang terms are not acceptable.
- Harassment, Personal Attacks – Attacking or harassing an individual or group of individuals is not acceptable. People must be respectful and considerate when posting to the site.
- Offensive or Graphic Content – Posts, member names, subject lines, photos or video files containing profanity, sexually graphic or offensive material are unacceptable and will be deleted.
- Hate Speech, Abusive or Violent Behavior – We do not allow threatening, racist, abusive, hateful or violent language or behavior.
- Illegal Activities – Participating in, suggesting, or encouraging any illegal, inappropriate, or dangerous behavior that may result in harm to anyone is cause for immediate deletion and suspension of posting privileges and may be reported to the appropriate authorities.
- Spam, Schemes, Chain Letters – GenTXSA.org does not allow spam, post chain letters, pyramid schemes, junk mail or URLs for outside sites that violate any of Generation TX San Antonio’s Terms or Use, Linking Policy or guidelines.
- Solicitation – No personal or commercial solicitation or advertising will be allowed.
- Personal Information About You – Anything posted becomes public information. Members should not post personally identifying information (last name, address, phone number, IM screen name, email address, etc.) that can be used to identify or locate them.
- Libel – Libelous statements will not be tolerated and any post containing libelous statements will be removed. Libel is any published material that damages the reputation of an individual or an organization, exposes them to hatred, ridicule or contempt, causes them to be shunned or avoided, discredits their trade, business or profession, or generally lowers them in the eyes of right-thinking members of society.
- Impersonation – Posts attempting to impersonate GenTX SA staff, medical personnel or other community members are not acceptable.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless, Generation TX San Antonio and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, representatives, and third party providers to the site from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any violation of this agreement by you.
Generation TX San Antonio is committed to ensuring the privacy and accuracy of your confidential information. We do not actively share personal information gathered from our Web servers.
As part of our commitment to maintain the privacy of our Web users, Generation TX San Antonio has developed this privacy statement. The statement has two purposes:
- To educate users about privacy issues.
- To inform users about specific privacy policies and guidelines employed by Generation TX San Antonio.
Information We Gather
Our Web servers generate logs that contain the following information:
- Internet address of computer being used
- Web pages requested
- Referring Web page
- Browser used
- Date and Time
- Status of your request
- Method of your request
The data are used in aggregate by system administrators and Web content managers to tune the Web site for its efficiency and is not ordinarily associated with specific individuals. Raw data from the Web server logs is only shared with the content manager of the Web site. Summary reports produced from the logs help Web publishers determine what Web browsers and pages are most popular. For example, if the aggregate reports show a particular Web page is very popular or used more by freshmen than by seniors, we use this information to customize the content of that page and make it easier to find.
How We May Use Information We Gather
We may use information to:
- Facilitate use of our website;
- Manage your account and your preferences;
- Analyze use of and improve our website
Choices Regarding Information
You may choose to:
- Not provide information that may result in your inability to use certain features of our website;
- Review and update your information by logging into your online account.
Cookies are small pieces of data that may be stored by the Web browser. Cookies are often used to remember information about preferences and pages you have visited. For example, when you visit some sites on the Web you might see a “Welcome Back” message. The first time you visited the site a cookie may have been set on your computer; when you return, the cookie is read again. You can refuse to accept cookies, can disable cookies, and remove cookies from your hard drive which may cause some of the features of this website to not function properly. You may do this by changing your browser settings.
Generation TX San Antonio maintains an email list to keep interested parties informed about news and events. Only Generation TX San Antonio staff members and our authorized agents have access to the list and any personally identifiable information contained within. We do not share the information you’ve given us with unaffiliated groups without your explicit permission.
You may unsubscribe from our email list at anytime.
Security and Accuracy of Confidential Information
Generation TX San Antonio does its best to ensure that the personal information obtained from you is accurate. You may review the information saved or submitted via our Web sites at any time up to the point when it is purged from the database. Although no computer system is 100% secure, Generation TX San Antonio has deployed extensive security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of the information under their control. Certified independent security specialists audit these security measures and respective systems.
Sharing of Information
Generation TX San Antonio does not share information with other parties or gather information from other private data providers. It is against Generation TX San Antonio policy to release confidential information gathered through the Web, such as pages visited, or personalized preferences.
If you have questions about this privacy statement or you believe that your personal information has been released without your consent or if you wish to correct information held by the Generation TX San Antonio.